Re: Games with adult themes

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Leo M. Lalande" <scorpio@n...> wrote:

> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Clark D. Rodeffer" <clark@r...> wrote:
> >
> > Heh. Maybe we need *more* "adult" themed piecepack games. Anyone want
> > to organize a design contest?
> >
> > Clark (running and ducking)
>

> Now this is what you call stirring the pot! :D  But... I think it
> could be fun with a well designed contest; i.e.: the criteria for the
> game designs allowed lots of latitude, but imposed just the right
> restrictions to ensure good taste.

It might be a good way to test drive a rating system. I like the idea of some kind of
rating system. I use them all the time as a tool of consumer reports. In the case of
piecepack games, it's very helpful in the beginning to start out with games other
people thought were fun, then try out other games and see how they fit into my own
sense of fun. I can see how other people might like to see other information at a
glance.

What would we like to "rate"? Age appropriateness? Funness? Ease of learning? Depth
of strategy? Sex? Violence? Language? Religion? Politics? Science? Opinions? Facts?
Theories? Philosophy?

Do we want to trust the authors to rate their own games, or elect an approved rating
board, or have some kind of electronic polling that mathematically calculates multiple
votes?

Personally, I believe being offended is a personal choice of where you draw your own
line in the sand. You're welcome to show me where your line is, but you're not
allowed to draw my line for me.