Snark, by Richard Morris
- 3-6 players
- Uses 4 dice suits (108 cards)
- Deal 2 cards face up into each auction slot. Number of slots = num of players - 1
- Bids for each slot is in sequence. Players bid by numer of cards & total pip eg. two for fourteen. Players may add to the bid. Cards that are won are placed down and cannot be used for bidding. The cards used for the successful bid are placed at the slot, ready for next round. The rest pick up their bidding cards to hand.
- Deal 1 card to each slot face up. Also deal 1 card face down to each player who didn't win any auction. All players pick up the face down cards and put into hand. Jokers count as 2 cards but 0 pip.
- Players may claim sets, gets the corresponding token, and put these cards to discard pile. For each set claimed, draw 1 card. They can immediately use it to claim another set. When all players finished claiming sets, next round starts with auction phase.
- First player to claim all 6 sets wins.
- The 6 sets are
- 6 straight same dice suit/poker suit, or 6 same rank
- 5 straight same dice suit/poker suit, or 5 same rank
- 4 straight same dice suit/poker suit, or 4 same rank
- 8 cards with any 2 having letters with score 1/2/3/4, or 4 cards that spell DECK, or 8 cards same dice suit/poker suit
- Full house, or 6 straight, or 6 cards same dice suit/poker suit
- 4 cards with letters with score 1/2/3/4, or 4 cards that spell MELD, or HAND